Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 400
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat; cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes more. Drain grease.
- Add kidney beans, tomato sauce, corn, chili seasoning, salt, sugars, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and smooth out the top.
- Combine cornbread mix, milk, and egg together in a bowl. Mix until a slightly lumpy batter forms. Drop big spoonfuls of the cornbread mixture over the chili; smooth out to the edges of the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top starts to brown, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Let casserole rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cornbread are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 400 calories; 19.3 37.5 20.9 72 1430 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1