Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 166
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 1 to 2 inches of oil in a saucepan or deep fryer over medium-high heat.
- Stir tempura mix and water together to make a loose batter.
- Cut tough ends from the bottom of the asparagus spears. Dip into the batter, making sure spears are evenly coated.
- Carefully add 5 to 6 asparagus spears to the hot oil. Fry until they float to the top, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drain on paper towels and season with sea salt. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any type of tempura batter that you like. Kikkoman® is just the kind I use.
- The cook time depends on the size of the batch and the temperature of the oil.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 11.3 14 3.3 0 965 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1