Air Fryer Plantain Chips
7 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 109
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut both ends of plantain and score along the side through the skin only. Peel skin off and cut plantain in half. Peel into strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Spray the air fryer basket with avocado oil. Place plantain strips in the basket, making sure they do not touch. Spray top of plantain strips with oil.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 7 to 9 minutes. Use tongs to turn each strip over, and continue frying until crispy, an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with salt.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I have an air fryer oven, so I am able to see the air frying process. Keep a close watch on the chips, because they can easily burn.
- For sweet plantain chips, toss immediately with cinnamon-sugar after frying.
Per Serving: 109 calories; 0.3 28.5 1.2 0 81 Full nutrition