Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 268
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Place a heat-resistant pad underneath a large pot filled with water. Attach a sous vide precision cooker to the pot and set temperature to 135 degrees F (57 degrees C).
- Generously season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Place into a plastic bag and seal with a vacuum sealer to remove all air.
- Place the sealed bag in the water once temperature has been reached, making sure the bag is completely submerged. Leave in the water for 4 hours.
- Remove plastic pouch from water and remove the steak. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat; cook shallot, garlic, and thyme sprig for 5 minutes. Remove shallot, garlic, and thyme using a spatula. Add steak and sear, pressing down onto the meat with the bottom of the spatula, about 1 minute. Flip steak and repeat on the other side for 1 minute. Cut steak into 2 equal portions and spoon butter over the steak.
You might also like
Per Serving: 268 calories; 18.1 6.5 20.6 81 208 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1