Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 587
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix miso, lemon juice, soy sauce, water, and hot sauce in a resealable zip-top bag. Add shrimp, toss to coat, and seal. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring 7 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add hanakatsuo, reduce heat to medium-high, and steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain broth and return to pot. Add galangal, lemongrass, and kombu; steep for 15 minutes. Strain again and return to the pot. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, and salt. Reduce heat and keep broth at a bare simmer.
- Melt butter in large nonstick pot over low heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook and stir until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Increase heat to medium-low. Add rice and stir, using a wooden spoon, until coated in butter. Cook until rice grains are transparent with a tiny white core, 4 to 5 minutes. Add sake and mirin; cook, stirring well, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Pour 3 cups of the hot broth into the rice; stir well. Let soak, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in 1 more cup of broth; let simmer until mostly absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes. Add 1 more cup.
- Meanwhile, drain marinade from shrimp. Heat 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shrimp; saute, tossing constantly, until pink and just firm, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat soy sauce and remaining oils in the same saucepan. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add bok choy and toss until wilted. Add mixture to the risotto along with 1/4 cup hot broth; stir well.
- Divide risotto between large, shallow bowls. Garnish with green onions and arrange miso shrimp around the edge of each bowl. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute small prawns for the large shrimp if desired.
- Instead of Arborio you can use other varieties of short-grain non-sticky rice appropriate for risotto.
- Use any hot sauce and oil types you prefer. Feel free to substitute ginger for the galangal.
- The mushrooms and bok choy can be replaced with other similar Asian vegetables; snow peas work extremely well.
Per Serving: 587 calories; 14.1 78 26.5 135 1387 Full nutrition