Easy, Creamy Low-Fat Rice Pudding
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"The use of short-grain sticky rice (also called glutinous rice for its texture) makes this dish creamy without the need for whole milk, cream, or butter. Cook the rice in a rice cooker, and it's even easier! You can find this variety of rice in almost any Asian market, many natural foods stores, and increasingly in the international section of mainstream supermarkets."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 376
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and stir; reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice tender, about 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium; add 1 3/4 cups milk, sugar, and salt. Cook and stir until thick and creamy, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup milk with egg in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Add 3 tablespoons of the hot rice mixture, 1 spoonful at a time, stirring each time to temper the egg. Pour mixture into the pan and stir for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in raisins, vanilla extract, and lemon extract. Mix in cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve hot or cold.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I use Koda Farms® Sho-Chiku-Bai Premium Short Grain Rice, but any brand will do.
Per Serving: 376 calories; 1.4 81.5 9.3 33 160 Full nutrition