Ultimate Instant Pot® Mashed Potatoes
"These potatoes are unlike any other! The difference with these is that they are pressure-cooked with homemade chicken stock, which gives the potatoes so much flavor, and sometimes eliminates the need for milk or cream and salt! I made this recipe just yesterday for someone who doesn't like mashed potatoes, and they loved it!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 204
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Layer potatoes onto a steamer basket set inside a multi-functional electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Add chicken stock and secure the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 9 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Carefully remove sliced potatoes from the steamer basket; drain and reserve remaining stock.
- Place butter and garlic in the empty pressure cooker; select Saute function. Cook and stir for 90 seconds. Return potatoes to the pot and mash with cream cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can add a small amount of heavy cream along with the cream cheese if needed.
- Do not use anything but fresh garlic. I can't make myself any clearer...you will outright ruin this if you use anything else, especially the pre-chopped stuff in a jar.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 10 25.9 4.1 28 424 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
2.26.19 Followed the recipe to the letter, and although these mashed potatoes turned out OK, not sure I totally understand this recipe. You’re going to mash the potatoes, so why take the time ...