Simple Baked Potato
"This recipe for baked potatoes is delicious with steak, meatloaf, or by itself. I never was fan of the potato's skin until I began making this recipe! These potatoes taste amazing loaded with cheese, sour cream, and/or chives! If you want to get fancy, use this recipe as a base recipe for one of the many potato skin, whipped baked potato, or other more-to-it recipes on here."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 248
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 potatoes)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until melted, 20 to 30 seconds. Stir in olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Use a fork to poke about 5 holes into each potato. Place each potato on a sheet of aluminum foil about 6 inches wide. Brush butter mixture over potatoes, making sure to evenly coat each one. Wrap up completely in foil. Poke 5 more holes into the wrapped potatoes.
- Bake potatoes in the center of the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Spread leftover butter mixture over potatoes after cutting them open.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Olive oil can be substituted with vegetable oil.
- Any uneaten potatoes should be wrapped in cling wrap or placed in a container without the foil.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 9.5 37.7 4.5 20 93 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1