Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 350
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in paprika and garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add meat, and stir to coat. Add water to cover. Stir in tomato paste, beef base, bay leaf, and black pepper.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 90 minutes. Add more water to cover meat, if needed. Return to the oven and bake 1 hour more. Add mushrooms to the Dutch oven and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven and whisk in flour until goulash has thickened.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to use bacon fat in place of oil. You could use pork in place of beef.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 24.1 11.1 23.3 75 858 Full nutrition