Mamie's Corn Fritters
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 64
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 fritters)
- Combine creamed corn, flour, milk, egg, sugar, salt, 2 teaspoons oil, baking powder, vanilla extract, and pepper in a bowl to create a thick batter. Add more flour to the mixture if it seems too thin.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Test the readiness of the oil by dropping a small drop of batter into the oil; it should immediately start to bubble and cook, indicating that the oil is hot enough. Carefully drop tablespoons of batter into the hot oil. Cook no more than 4 fritters at a time to avoid cooling the oil, which causes the fritters to absorb more oil than necessary.
- Cook fritters in the hot oil for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Turn over and cook until both sides are golden brown, about 1 minute more. Lift from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Continue with remaining batter.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If using a deep fryer, the fritter will sink to the bottom, then rise to the top in a few moments. Cook no more than four fritters at a time to avoid cooling the oil (this causes the fritters to absorb more of the oil). For deep fryers, cook fritters for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown, tapping gently now and then to help them turn.
Per Serving: 64 calories; 3.1 8.6 1.1 7 337 Full nutrition