Luscious Potato Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 460
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, shallots, green onions, salt, and pepper; saute until softened and beginning to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and herbes de Provence; saute until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Avoid burning the garlic; it will turn bitter.
- Add potatoes to onion mixture and toss well to coat. Pour in vegetable broth and milk; stir well. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender and can be easily broken up with a spoon, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon to roughly mash the potato chunks until the soup is relatively smooth and the largest chunks have been broken up.
- Whisk creme fraiche into the soup and taste for seasoning. Add additional pinches of salt or black pepper if the soup tastes flat.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you can't find creme fraiche, you could also try adding heavy cream or full fat (not light!) sour cream, which may add a bit of tangy flavor to the finished soup.
- Substitute chicken broth for the vegetable broth if preferred.
Per Serving: 460 calories; 22.8 57.3 10 53 827 Full nutrition