Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 333
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Mix custard powder with a few tablespoons cold milk in a bowl.
- Pour remaining milk into a saucepan, stir in sugar, and bring to a boil over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add custard mixture to hot milk, stirring continuously until liquid has thickened. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place pineapple in a large heavy pan, cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool, about 30 minutes. Strain the juice and set aside. Place pineapple pieces in a bowl.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over pineapple pieces and toss to coat.
- Layer 1/2 the pound cake in a trifle bowl. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice. Spread 1/2 the pineapple pieces over the cake. Spoon 1/2 the cooled custard over pineapple. Repeat layers. Spread whipped cream on top and smooth out evenly. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
You might also like
Per Serving: 333 calories; 16.3 43.7 5.5 127 269 Full nutrition