0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I first ate this simple salad in an Osaka 7-11 store and I fell in love. I hope you and your family will find this recipe as delightful and satisfying as I do. The bonito flakes add a smokey flavor and look lovely dancing as the salad is presented. Silken tofu and toasted sesame oil can be added to turn this side dish into a dinner salad. Hijiki could be a delicious substitution for wakame, and shredded nori could be used in a pinch."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 74
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place shredded radish in a large salad bowl. Layer lettuce on top. Arrange mushrooms and wakame on top of lettuce. Sprinkle bonito flakes on wakame. Drizzle with tamari just before serving, making the bonito flakes "dance."
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any small- to medium-sized long-stemmed mushrooms, but I prefer buna-shimeji or bunapi-shimeji.
- Use any type of lettuce you like. Use cooking spray in place of oil, if you prefer. The wakame can be fresh or dried, soaked, and drained.
- Optional ingredients include grated cucumber, carrot, beet, chopped spring onion, toasted sesame seeds, pepitas, soft tofu, tuna, egg, sesame oil, etc.
Per Serving: 74 calories; 2.6 10.3 3.4 0 231 Full nutrition