Slow Cooker Italian Chuck Roast with Peppers and Onions
Ingredients5 h 30 m servings 717
- Season roast liberally with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat until scorching hot. Add olive oil. Sear beef until brown on all sides, holding up roast to get all edges, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer roast to the slow cooker. Deglaze the pan by pouring in broth and scraping up browned bits. Add Worcestershire sauce. Pour mixture over the roast in the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, pepperoncini peppers and their juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning to the slow cooker. Turn roast over a few times to coat. Cover slow cooker and cook on High power for 4 hours.
- Add green bell peppers and onion to the slow cooker, tossing to incorporate. Continue cooking on High power 1 more hour.
- Shred beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let beef and sauce sit in the slow cooker on Warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, toast hoagie rolls, if desired. Top rolls with shredded beef and add provolone cheese to each.
Per Serving: 717 calories; 30.9 74.5 33.4 71 1898 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great recipe to add to my rotation for 2020! I added more pepperoncinis AND juice than suggested and will continue to as it gave a nice boost to the flavor profile!
I followed the recipe exactly and I found the flavor of the meat rather bland. In addition, my meat turned out tough and wouldn’t shred which made this even more disappointing. I will try agai...