Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 800
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine basil, pine nuts, Asiago, garlic, pepper, and salt in a food processor; pulse until uniformly chopped. Gradually add olive oil until a thick paste forms. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over low heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 2 minutes. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in Asiago cheese until melted. Stir in pesto sauce until combined.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substituting half-and-half for the milk will make a richer sauce.
- For a really exciting flavor, mix several Italian cheeses together! Use equal parts Asiago, Romano, and fresh Parmesan to give it a really zesty kick.
- Thin strips of chicken breast, pan-fried in olive oil, are also a nice addition for a main course.
Per Serving: 800 calories; 73.6 13.9 25.4 84 844 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1