Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 620
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry into an 11-inch square. Press into a 9-inch pie dish, cut off extra pastry, and prick thoroughly with a fork. Press a sheet of aluminum foil right onto pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is puffed up and golden browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt better in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook onions and celery until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Cook and stir until mixture is paste-like.
- Slowly add milk to the skillet while stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Continue stirring and slowly add broth a little at a time. Cook until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes, constantly stirring. Add chicken and frozen vegetables. Cook until vegetables are thawed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken mixture into pre-baked puff pastry shell. Roll out a second sheet of pastry into an 11-inch square and place on top of chicken mixture. Cut off extra pastry and crimp edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is lightly browned, 45 to 50 minutes.
Per Serving: 620 calories; 45.1 40 14.5 51 846 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I may not make this again. I found the puff pastry difficult to manipulate. If I do try again i will probably use regular lie crust.
Made as directed, but only had 9 oz of chicken and frozen peas & carrots, so used an 8x8 pan, cooked for 35 minutes. Next time, I'll omit the bottom crust. Great comfort food for a blizzard day.