Roasted Acorn Squash with Apples and Cranberries
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 226
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash into a large pot of boiling water; boil for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer squash to a large bowl of ice cold water and set aside until cool enough to handle, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel squash along the ridges using a vegetable peeler, then use a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon to dig out peel in the valleys of the squash. Slice squash in half and remove seeds and stem. Cut remaining squash into bite-sized chunks.
- Combine squash, apples, celery, onion, and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add to squash mixture and toss well to combine. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Add water and dot the top with butter. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until squash is fork-tender, about 1 hour. Add some liquid halfway through to prevent drying out, if necessary. Serve hot.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a broth of your choice instead of water, if preferred.
Per Serving: 226 calories; 8 41.2 2.9 8 185 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1