Instant Pot® Tacos al Pastor
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 30 m servings 431
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place pork in a large lidded container. Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, onion, garlic, chipotle peppers, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and sazon in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour sauce over the pork and make sure all chunks of meat are covered. Seal the container and marinate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add vegetable oil and heat until hot. Add chunks of marinated pork and brown on all sides, reserving extra sauce, about 5 minutes. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your Instant Pot(R). Turn off Saute mode and pour reserved sauce over the pork. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 35 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure first using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure using the manufacturer's quick release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove the pork chunks from the pot using tongs or a slotted spoon, and place them on the baking sheet. Reserve the sauce in the Instant Pot(R) for now.
- Use forks to coarsely shred the pork, removing and discarding any excess fatty chunks. Spread meat out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Add pineapple chunks to the baking sheet with the meat, then place the baking sheet under the broiler. Broil until the tips of the meat and pineapple are beginning to get a little brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the reserved sauce from the Instant Pot(R) over the meat to moisten it and add some more of the marinade flavor.
- Create tacos by portioning the pork and pineapple chunks on flour tortillas. Add chopped red onion, pico de gallo salsa, avocado, and cilantro. Garnish with lime wedges.
You might also like
Per Serving: 431 calories; 14.1 54.2 21.5 43 1338 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1