Ruby Chocolate Rocky Road
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"The idea of rocky road is pretty much that: piles of rocky goodies all coated and glued together with chocolate that doesn't crack when you bite into it (thanks to coconut oil). So although I have used some fairly gourmet ingredients here, don't feel locked into that. Just go with what you have in the cupboard that you think will go well together!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 258
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 rocky road squares)
- Grease a small baking sheet and line it with waxed paper.
- Place ruby chocolate, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on full power until melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and stir vigorously with a silicone spatula. Press any remaining solid pieces of chocolate into the hot liquid until melted.
- Add shortbread cookies, marshmallows, pistachios, almonds, candied flowers, raspberries, and coconut flakes to the chocolate mixture. Stir gently until fully coated.
- Spread mixture on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours. Cut into squares using a really sharp knife.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The reason I use the microwave with ruby chocolate is that it is easier to control the melting point. The color can go quickly if ruby chocolate is overheated. I also use plastic and silicone spatulas to work with all chocolate, as it doesn't keep the heat in the bowl itself, which also gives you more control.
- Full power on my microwave is 900 watts.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 17.4 22.9 4 5 73 Full nutrition