Salt and Vinegar Chips
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 277
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Slice potatoes very thinly using a sharp knife. Place in a bowl and add 4 cups of water; soak for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to release the starch.
- Drain potatoes and return to the bowl. Add 3 cups water and vinegar. Soak for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Fry potatoes in the hot oil, working in batches, for 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain excess oil. Fry for 1 more minute and drain again. Season with salt while still hot.
You might also like
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of vinegar. The actual amount of vinegar consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 22.1 18.6 2.2 0 26 Full nutrition