Sloppy Joe Casserole with Noodles
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 446
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 2 /12-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook shell macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and seasoning mix. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse macaroni. Spread 1/2 of the macaroni into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with cottage cheese, then the beef mixture. Repeat layers of macaroni, cottage cheese, and meat. Cover with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe is very basic, so you could easily add some extra ingredients like chopped onion, green pepper, and maybe even some mushrooms.
Per Serving: 446 calories; 16.8 41.2 33.1 74 1316 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1