Pineapple-Apple Marmalade Jam
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h 55 m servings 135
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 jars)
- Combine pineapple, apple, sugar, orange juice, and lemon zest in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until pineapple turns translucent, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Place a few small plates in the freezer.
- Inspect 2 or 3 small Mason jars for cracks, discarding any defective ones. Sterilize jars in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes and leave in hot water until ready for use. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Add a tablespoon of marmalade to a frozen plate. Freeze for 1 minute, remove, and nudge marmalade with your finger. If the mixture stays nudged, it is ready to be canned. If it slides back, continue cooking and check for readiness every minute.
- Pack marmalade into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/2 to 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any residue. Top with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and let rest, several inches apart, for 12 to 24 hours. Press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
Per Serving: 135 calories; 0.1 35.1 0.5 0 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1