Mexican Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa
"Quinoa, grass-fed beef, and beans make this a delicious meal your whole family will enjoy! If you love Mexican food, you will love these! I make extra ground beef and beans and freeze them to use in recipes like this; it cuts the prep time down significantly. Enjoy topped with sour cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 184
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 stuffed bell pepper halves)
- Combine water, quinoa, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, garlic pepper, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rub coconut oil on the outside of the bell pepper halves. Place 1/4 slice of pepper Jack cheese inside each bell pepper half.
- Add cooked beef, beans, and salsa to the saucepan with the cooked quinoa and stir thoroughly. Fill each bell pepper half with beef mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and place a 1/4 slice of pepper Jack cheese over each pepper. Return to the hot oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can add half a packet of taco seasoning or 1 tablespoon instead of the seasonings listed.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 9.4 16.3 9.5 24 486 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1