Strawberry Pie without Jell-O®
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 25 m servings 312
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Slice 3/4 of the strawberries and place in a bowl.
- Puree remaining strawberries in a food processor until smooth and transfer to a saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, water, cornstarch, and lemon juice and bring to a boil, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir continuously until as thick as jam, about 5 minutes more. Pour mixture over sliced strawberries in the bowl and stir to combine filling.
- Pour filling into pie shell and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to use a plain deep-dish pie crust. You can use whipped cream in place of whipped topping.
- You can add a few drops of red food coloring to the pureed strawberries to get a more vibrant red color for your pie.
Per Serving: 312 calories; 7.8 58.4 2 0 188 Full nutrition