Instant Pot® Creamy Mushroom Soup
Ingredients50 m servings 229
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat butter until melted. Saute onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir chicken broth, sherry, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper into the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select Manual function; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Select Saute function again to bring the soup to a light simmer. Whisk flour into heavy cream. Slowly add cream mixture to the simmering soup, whisking constantly until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn pressure cooker off. Season soup with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make it vegetarian.
Per Serving: 229 calories; 19 10.9 2.4 69 1336 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
The first batch I made of this soup was nectar for the gods! I followed the recipe but left out the sherry. I liked it so much, I made a second batch last weekend but this time I tried to incre...
3.30.19 Shopped at Aldi today, and they had white mushrooms on sale for $.99/8-oz pkg, so three packages went into my cart for a Friday night soup and sandwich evening. Followed the directio...
It turned out fantastic, just like what you'd get at a restaurant. The only edit was half the thyme and used a low sodium chicken broth and the dish was salty enough. Will do this again!
Restaurant quality. Amazing. The only thing I changed was using reduced sodium chicken broth because that is all I had. Also used a bit more garlic because I am a garlic addict. The taste was p...
Very luxurious soup that could be found at a nice restaurant - just toast some bread for a giant crouton to put in the middle. Garnish. Maybe a dollop of creme fraiche. The only downside is that...
Second time I’ve made this soup and it is sooooo delicious. I used a medley of mushrooms, from oyster to lions mane. I will definitely make it again and again. I also used the leftovers to make ...
I made this over the weekend it was fabulous and so easy to make
My family loves this soup! Doubled the garlic and extra thyme because I love a lot of flavor. Will definitely make again!