Instant Pot® Creamy Mushroom Soup
"This rich and creamy mushroom soup is not only comforting on a cold day, it's ready in no time! To cut down on prep time, feel free to coarsely chop the mushrooms using a food processor. If you prefer a smoother texture, you can partially puree the cooked soup using an immersion blender."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 229
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat butter until melted. Saute onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir chicken broth, sherry, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper into the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select Manual function; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Select Saute function again to bring the soup to a light simmer. Whisk flour into heavy cream. Slowly add cream mixture to the simmering soup, whisking constantly until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn pressure cooker off. Season soup with additional salt and pepper if desired.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make it vegetarian.
Per Serving: 229 calories; 19 10.9 2.4 69 1336 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
3.30.19 Shopped at Aldi today, and they had white mushrooms on sale for $.99/8-oz pkg, so three packages went into my cart for a Friday night soup and sandwich evening. Followed the directio...