Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 246
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 muffins)
- Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl and let bloom for 5 minutes. Watch Now
- Combine bread flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Warm yogurt and milk to room temperature in microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Watch Now
- Combine yeast mixture, yogurt, milk, butter, and honey in the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Turn mixer to lowest speed and slowly add the flour mixture. Increase speed to medium; beat until dough is smooth and sticky, about 5 minutes. Turn dough out into a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Watch Now
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly dust a baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 9x13-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 8 square pieces or use a 4-inch round cookie cutter. Watch Now
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Place 4 of the muffins in the skillet, cover with a lid, and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Watch Now
- Uncover skillet and flip muffins with a spatula. Cover again and cook until the other side is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and lightly press into the cornmeal to coat. Repeat using remaining muffins and ghee. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until centers are cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then split with a fork. Watch Now
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- After kneading the dough in step 3, you can cover it and move it to the refrigerator. It will rise slowly overnight. Remove it from the refrigerator 1 hour before shaping and baking.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 9 35.8 6.1 22 529 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2