St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Pie
"I will warn you, if you dare put this in your mouth, you won't be able to stop! That won't be to great for your health, but I think most of you can indulge in a simple guilty pleasure such as this one. With the recipe comes a story... Once upon a time a fairy and a troll had a child they later named Leonardo, he was short and loved rainbow, gold, and green. He wants this pie! Serve with whipped cream and ice cream. Sprinkles don't hurt either!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 10 m servings 328
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Set a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar together in a bowl until combined. Press the magical creation into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 10 minutes. Let crust cool on a wire rack; leave oven on.
- Whisk condensed milk and egg yolks together in a bowl until well combined. Add key lime juice and zest; mix well. Whisk in honey to combine. Add food coloring gradually, whisking until filling is green enough for you. Pour filling over the crust.
- Bake until nearly set, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool completely on the wire rack so pie can set fully, at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use slightly less lime juice if using regular limes.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 15 43.9 6.3 138 147 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1