Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h servings 470
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place lamb in a roasting pan. Add mashed tomatoes, onion, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Combine and make sure lamb is well coated. Cover pan with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 3 hours. Remove from the oven and remove aluminum foil; leave oven on.
- Add water and orzo directly to the roasting pan. Return to the hot oven and bake until pasta is cooked and very little liquid remains, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Add feta cheese and mix until melted and combined.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The orzo is always high in demand in our house. A second pound wouldn't go amiss if you've a big enough pan for it. Of course, also double the feta and water, then.
- As with all roasting recipes, you can use a lower temperature and cook longer. Three hours is the minimum I've used. You could also use 6 to 10 hours at 300 degrees F for a very tender result.
Per Serving: 470 calories; 21.3 32 36.5 105 673 Full nutrition