Sausage-Stuffed Portobello Caps
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is an entree version of a traditional stuffed portobello mushroom appetizer. This is a gluten- and dairy-free version, however, feel free to use cheese(s) and breadcrumbs in place of the eggs, almond flour, and nutritional yeast. I used a sausage recipe from this site to make my own sausage out of ground turkey, again feel free to use your favorite ground sausage (chorizo would be lovely in this)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 406
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 portobello mushroom caps)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove stems and gills from mushroom caps and wipe clean with a damp towel.
- Combine sausage, almond flour, onion, eggs, nutritional yeast, garlic, Italian seasoning, and parsley in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions and fill each mushroom cap, packing firmly. Place stuffed mushrooms in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the center of the sausage mixture is cooked through and juices run clear, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Move oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and turn on the oven's broiler.
- Place mushrooms under the broiler until tops are colored, 3 to 6 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Hot Italian sausage may be substituted for sweet sausage, if desired.
- Instead of 1/4 cup diced onion, you can use 2 tablespoons grated onion, if preferred.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 28.3 14.5 25.8 138 989 Full nutrition