Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 370
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine stout beer and butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Heat until butter melts, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in brown sugar and cocoa.
- Whisk sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl; pour into the saucepan and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir flour and baking soda together. Fold into the batter. Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting while the cupcakes cool. Place butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in Irish cream and whiskey on low speed. Gradually spoon in confectioners' sugar, mixing on low speed until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 370 calories; 14.1 58.3 3.4 54 198 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These are awesome!! I'll admit that the making of the cupcakes was different than what I've done in the past (i.e. the traditional creaming of the butter and sugar, beating in the eggs, slowly a...