Cheeseburger and Pickle Soup
"This is a classic cheeseburger soup but with a unique twist; adding dill pickles. It sounds a little strange but if you love dill pickles on your cheeseburger, this recipe is a must! I had it at a restaurant once and fell in love, and I've been perfecting it ever since. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and/or more pickles - I like more chopped pickles in mine, personally."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 490
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 gallon)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain excess fat and set beef aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add beef, ketchup, and mustard. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute more. Add stock and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a separate pot. Slowly add in Cheddar cheese, stirring constantly, until sauce is melted and smooth, 4 to 5 minutes. Slowly pour cheese sauce into the soup, stirring constantly to combine. Season with cayenne pepper and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add pickles and juice. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Add more stock for a soupier consistency, or simmer a little longer for a thicker one. Remove from heat.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Any kind of cheese, even cubed Velveeta®, is fine.
- I've tried this recipe with 1/2 cup of shredded carrots as well, added in with the onions and beef. I prefer without the carrots, but it was fine as well. I've also added in riced cauliflower.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 39.6 7.2 27.5 122 1265 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1