Instant Pot® Chicken Alfredo
"I don't claim to be Italian, and I'm sure many Italian nonnas would cringe at a pressure-cooked chicken Alfredo, but this recipe is kept simple to ensure the integrity of the classic dish. Please note this recipe uses heavy whipping cream, and I cannot guarantee the same success with any other liquid. I recommend Savory Spice Shop® cantanzaro herbs instead of Italian herbs. This uses an elevated steam rack, which can be found on Amazon."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 1118
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Slice chicken breast into 3 thin filets. Sprinkle all sides with 1 teaspoon garlic salt and cantanzaro herbs.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add chicken breasts and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe out the pot. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pasta and stir to coat in butter. Pour in cream and stir to thoroughly combine with pasta.
- Place an elevated steamer rack inside the Instant Pot(R). Wrap chicken breasts in parchment paper and place on top of the steamer rack.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Remove rack with chicken. Stir remaining garlic salt and Parmesan cheese into sauce.
- Divide pasta into 3 serving bowls and top each with 1 chicken breast filet. Top with additional Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
You might also like
Per Serving: 1118 calories; 85.3 43 47.2 319 2068 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1