Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 539
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Let come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine chicken broth, paprika, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons lemon zest in a bowl.
- Heat oils in a cast iron skillet until they begin to smoke. Add chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook for 4 minutes. Flip thighs and continue cooking until skin is crispy, about 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate. Saute onion in the skillet until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour chicken broth mixture carefully over onion; scrape up any browned bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Return chicken thighs to the skillet. Spoon some of the liquid over the thighs.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven; bake until chicken thighs are no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add olives to the skillet. Pour lemon juice over the thighs and garnish the whole dish with parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 tablespoon onion powder for the fresh onion, if desired. Add to the chicken broth mixture.
Per Serving: 539 calories; 37.7 14.3 39.2 131 1815 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Really enjoyed the complex flavors. A fun dish to make. We added a little garlic with the onions.
Made this for my family. Instead of using the oven I cooked it on the stovetop. I cooked the chicken in one pan and the other ingredients in another. Then put them together. Also made couscous w...
Excellent and easy to make. The flavor is amazing with all the spices.
Very tasty and easy. I did add garlic and black olives as others have done. It will be made again.
Wow, this was surprisingly good. Only change was substituted chicken stock for broth. Will be making again soon.