Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 488
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place beets into a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover beets by 1 inch; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until skins begin to loosen, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Drain beets, remove skins, and cut into halves or quarters, depending on size. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven until beets are dark in color and almost fork tender, but not too soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool beets, dice into 1/2-inch cubes, and place in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey in a lidded jar for the honey-mustard vinaigrette. Close jar and shake to combine. Pour vinaigrette over beets and chill in the refrigerator until flavors have melded, 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet over low heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized, 15 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat, cool, and chop.
- Arrange 1/4 of the marinated beets in a solid circle on 4 salad dishes. Top with layers of onions and micro greens and sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans. Drizzle remaining beet vinaigrette around each salad, if desired. Serve chilled.
You might also like
- Editorial Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of honey-dijon vinaigrette dressing ingredients. The actual amount of dressing consumed will vary.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use olive oil instead of butter to caramelize the onions. Also, use medium to large beets for this salad.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 42.1 24.6 5.4 11 378 Full nutrition