Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 388
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Pour beans into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and add 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped clove garlic. Add enough water to cover beans by about 1 inch. Close and lock the lid. Choose Manual pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Drain beans and transfer to a bowl.
- Rinse the inside of the pressure cooker insert and wipe dry. Turn the pot back on and select Saute function. Add enough oil to spread across the bottom of the pot. Add remaining chopped onion, remaining 3 chopped cloves garlic, and peppercorns to the hot oil. Saute until onion is softened and clear, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bacon and sausage; cook and stir about 3 minutes. Add wine, tomato paste, salt, and chili powder. Allow everything to cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour cooked beans into the pot. Stir together and add enough water to cover the mixture. Place a bay leaf and 2 tablespoons butter on top. Close and lock the lid. Choose the Slow Cook function and set the timer for at least 1 hour; you may cook it longer if you wish.
- Shortly before serving, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and immediately stir into the stew to thicken.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any dried beans of your choice.
- Use chorizo or a similar smoked sausage in place of the linguica, if you prefer. Use butter in place of oil, if you like.
Per Serving: 388 calories; 14.2 41.9 18.2 29 412 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1