Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 389
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Warm butter and oil in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) set to Saute function. Add lamb and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and shallots to the pot; cook and stir until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Pour wine into the pot and scrape up any browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Cook until wine is reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes. Place carrots and potatoes on top of onions. Season with rosemary and thyme; stir to combine well. Arrange lamb over vegetables; pour beef broth on top.
- Close and lock the lid. Open vent for steaming. Select Meat/Stew function; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix water and potato starch until creamy.
- Unlock and remove lid. Switch to Saute function. Stir potato starch mixture into the stew; cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use lamb leg instead of shoulder if preferred.
- For an untraditional addition, you can dissolve 2 tablespoons of white miso in 1/4 cup of the beef broth for deeper umami flavor. Pour over the lamb with the remaining broth.
Per Serving: 389 calories; 22 26.2 21.8 80 440 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Excellent recipe. I added parsnips, which I regard as essential in Irish stew (mostly because I love them). Also, I used cornstarch instead of potato starch, since that's what I had in the pantr...