Freekeh Salad with Tahini Dressing
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 258
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Stir freekeh in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Cover pan and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer freekeh to a bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, tahini, and honey together in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pomegranate seeds, onion, mint, and parsley to the bowl with the cooked freekeh. Drizzle in the dressing and toss to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Top with pistachios right before serving so they don't soften.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to use vegetable broth in place of chicken broth to make it vegetarian.
- This salad can also be served at room temperature.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 12.1 32.1 8 2 464 Full nutrition