Apple-Cinnamon Einkorn Pancakes
"Einkorn is an ancient variety of wheat, and I find einkorn flour to be just as versatile as all-purpose flour. I make these deliciously fluffy einkorn pancakes with apple and cinnamon, but you could get creative and add a variety of fruits and nuts for an equally delicious result."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 186
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside to sour, about 5 minutes. Add egg and melted butter; beat until well combined.
- Combine einkorn flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Stir well, then add milk-egg mixture. Fold together gently; do not overmix.
- Grate the apple, with or without the peel, until you reach the core. Add grated apple to the pancake batter and fold in gently.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can easily make this dairy free by using plant-based milk and olive oil instead of dairy milk and butter. Alternatively, use 3/4 cup buttermilk and skip the vinegar and souring in step 1.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 10.1 27.8 7.2 58 454 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1