Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas
16 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 40 m servings 178
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in boiling water.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent and browned, about 5 minutes. Add jalapenos and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add green chiles; cook for 3 minutes more.
- Mix salt, cilantro, Mexican seasoning, cumin, basil, oregano, garlic powder, seasoning blend, chile powder, paprika, mustard powder, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Trim chicken as needed. Coat all sides with the seasoning blend.
- Place onion mixture in a slow cooker. Add chicken broth, juice and zest from the limes and orange, and garlic cloves. Place chicken on top. Cover and cook on Low until chicken is no longer pink inside and very tender, 4 to 6 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use any boneless cut of chicken you prefer.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 4.6 8.2 25.9 66 825 Full nutrition