Baharat Chicken and Rice
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 45 m servings 539
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Mix paprika, black pepper, cumin, coriander, loomi, sumac, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, green cardamom, and black cardamom together to make baharat spice mixture. Set baharat blend aside.
- Combine cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and lemon juice in a resealable plastic bag. Add 1 tablespoon baharat blend. Add chicken pieces, seal, and shake. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, place rice in a large bowl and cover with fresh water. Soak at least 1 hour. Rinse and drain and return to the bowl. Add cashews, almonds, raising, and pistachios. Stir in 1 tablespoon baharat blend. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a Dutch oven or tagine over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until translucent, 1 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Add rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Remove cilantro from the bag with the chicken. Pour marinated chicken on top of the rice in the Dutch oven; reserve bag. Pour broth into the bag and shake gently; pour over the chicken and rice. Cover Dutch oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until rice is soft and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 75 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
You might also like
Per Serving: 539 calories; 23 56.2 32.6 85 335 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1