CAMPBELL'S® Seafood Risotto
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a pot, heat the carton of seafood broth. Ensure you are heating but do not let it boil.
- In a separate, thick-bottomed pot, heat 4 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium heat and saute the shallots for 2 to 3 minutes, until just translucent. Add the rice to the pot. Stir-fry the rice for 2 to 3 minutes, until all the grains are well coated in butter and beginning to toast.
- Increase the heat to high and add the white wine. With a wooden spoon, stir the rice vigorously. Once the wine boils, turn the heat down until the wine is just simmering gently. Stir almost constantly, agitating the rice so that it releases its starch and creates a creamy sauce. Make sure rice does not sizzle on the bottom of the pot.
- When the wine is almost cooked away, pour in half of the hot seafood broth. Stirring almost constantly, let this liquid reduce until it is almost gone, then add remaining hot broth. Continue heating until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Stirring in the broth should take 15 to 20 minutes in all.
- Add the shrimp, parsley, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook and stir until rice is tender and shrimp is opaque but still tender, about 5 minutes. Risotto should be loose and creamy.
You might also like
- Recipe Tips:
- Carnaroli and Vialone Nano are other types of rice you can use.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 310 Fat 9 g Sodium 810 mg Carbohydrate 32 g Dietary Fiber 2 g Protein 22 g Calcium 7 %DV