Ingredients23 m servings
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Break up meat in skillet; add red and green peppers. Cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until meat is cooked through; drain off fat.
- Add soup, water, chili powder, and onion powder; stir. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and corn; cover. Simmer on low heat 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and cheese is melted.
- Recipe Tips:
- Top with any favorite taco toppings, such as PACE® Salsa, shredded lettuce, green onions, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, and sour cream.
- Vary the veggies any way you like! You can swap the peppers with whatever you have on hand.
- Vegetarian option: Omit beef. Saute the peppers in 2 teaspoons (10 mL) oil for 3 minutes. Add 1 can (540 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed, to the pan with the soup and other ingredients. Proceed as directed.
- Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 510 Fat 18 g Sodium 640 mg Carbohydrate 54 g Dietary Fiber 5 g Protein 33 g Calcium 12 %DV
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
As a newer cook this was a very easy and delicious meal, one thing i changed up was instead of using white rice and corn I used uncle Ben's cilantro and lime + beans rice which i found fit in pe...
Honestly love one pan/pot/skillet recipes and this one was great. the only thing I did differently was switching out the ground beef for ground chicken and white to brown rice and it was super ...