Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This sweet potato soup is not only very nutritious, but is also low residue, and anti inflammatory - the perfect soup for Crohn's sufferers. It's quite possibly the only thing you'd ever need to eat. All ingredients have been considered for anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and nutritional properties. It has a curry flavor, sweet and spicy. It's a bit thicker than tomato soup."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 366
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine olive oil and flour in a heavy pot over medium-low heat; cook, stirring constantly, until a smooth paste forms and turns a light caramel color. Add broth and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in sweet potatoes, onion, turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, and red pepper flakes. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to cool slightly. Fill a blender halfway with soup. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into another pot. Repeat with remaining soup.
- Mix soy milk into the pureed soup and heat until warmed through, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt. Add chicken and carrots for more texture.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute maple syrup for brown sugar if preferred.
- Vegetable broth may be used instead of chicken broth.
Per Serving: 366 calories; 13.7 43.6 17.1 27 496 Full nutrition