Instant Pot® Beef Stew by Tammy
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 341
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and seasoned salt together in a shallow bowl. Add beef and toss to coat.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Melt butter in the pot. Add beef in small batches and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate.
- Add onion to the pot and saute for 4 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook until melded together, about 30 seconds. Pour in broth and wine; bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Scrape cooked bits from the bottom of the pot. Add browned beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, and parsnips. Add thyme and adjust seasoning, if desired.
- Close and lock the lid. Choose Manual and high pressure; set the timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a serving plate. Select Saute function and simmer liquid in the pot until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Serve alongside stewed meat and vegetables.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use 2 sprigs fresh thyme in place of dried, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 341 calories; 17.7 21.1 21.4 68 339 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2