Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 35 m servings 134
Original recipe yields 12 servings (3 cups batter)
- Approximately 9 hours or the night before making waffles, combine warm water, honey, and yeast in a small bowl. Stir and let rest until bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine milk and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour, 1/4 cup at a time, mixing well between each addition, to create a thick but pourable batter. Add more flour if batter is too thin, 1/8 cup at a time, until a pourable batter is achieved.
- Stir yeast mixture into batter until just combined. Cover bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and leave on the kitchen counter all night; batter will double or even triple in volume, so be sure the bowl is large enough.
- When you are ready to make the waffles, add beaten egg and salt to the bowl with the batter.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook about 1/4-cup batter in the preheated waffle iron until waffle is golden brown and the iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I get approximately 3 cups of batter when I use 2 whole cups of gluten-free flour. The number of waffles will depend on the size of your machine.
Per Serving: 134 calories; 6.2 18.3 3.6 15 27 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1