Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 5 m servings 189
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine water, steel-cut oats, half-and-half, and salt in an oven-safe dish that is small enough to fit inside your slow cooker. Place the dish in the slow cooker and pour hot tap water around it.
- Cook on Low until thick and creamy, 6 hours to overnight.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I start this before bed and wake up to a wonderful breakfast! My slow cooker only has a 6 hour or 10 hour option so I choose 10 hours, but the oatmeal is ready any time after about 6 hours.
- If oatmeal is too thick, thin with milk to desired consistency.
- You can add diced apples or other fruit to cook along with the oats, if you like.
Per Serving: 189 calories; 6 28.3 5.9 11 58 Full nutrition