Ingredients4 h 20 m servings 670
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a pot over medium-high heat and cook short ribs in batches until browned on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes. Place short ribs in a slow cooker.
- Stir together soy sauce, vegetable broth, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes in a bowl. Pour sauce over short ribs. Cover slow cooker.
- Cook on High until ribs are cooked through, about 4 hours. Remove ribs from sauce and keep warm.
- Pour sauce into a pot and cook on medium-low heat until reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove as much grease as possible. Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into sauce and cook until thickened, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over short ribs and sprinkle sliced green onions on top.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 670 calories; 55.1 13.7 28.4 116 1333 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I followed up until before the cornstarch part and did not have red pepper flakes. It turned out so good anyway! The Asian flavor was subtle and the remaining sauce was really good also on rice....
Made this for Sunday family dinner and everyone loved it. Shared the recipe and will make it many times again.
Very tender, delicious ribs. A bit too much soy sauce and maybe not enough liquid