World's Best Sweet Potato Pound Cake
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 367
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Cream butter and Neufchatel cream cheese in a stand mixer until creamy. Add both types of sugar and continue to beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in sweet potato puree until well incorporated.
- Combine cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture; mix until well combined. Beat in vanilla extract. Fill batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 75 to 85 minutes. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- To make your own sweet potato puree, poke several holes in sweet potatoes and bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes or until done. Once cooled, peel and puree sweet potatoes in a food processor or powerful blender.
- Regular cream cheese can be used in place of Neufchatel cheese.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 10.5 63.2 5.9 67 322 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I have to say, this sweet potato pound cake was so delicious, I almost slapped my daughter's mother, lol. Seriously though, my family and I absolutely loved it. The only changes I made were usin...
I used a gluten free flour combo 1 & 1/4 cup Sorghum flour. 1 & 1/4 C Millet Flour and 1/2 C Tapioca Flour. It turned out excellent. The cake is a keeper.