Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 185
Original recipe yields 5 servings (5 vegan "steaks")
- Place garbanzo beans in a bowl and mash with fork until smooth. Mix in vital wheat gluten, tomato puree, garlic powder, paprika, and salt. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable stock and stir until a dough forms, adding more vegetable stock, if needed. Form dough into 5 steak-shaped pieces.
- Bring 1 cup vegetable stock, tamari, and garlic to a simmer in a large skillet. Add "steaks", cover, and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Check liquid and add more vegetable stock as needed.
- Meanwhile, mix together tamari, garlic powder, and smoked paprika for the marinade in a shallow bowl.
- Remove vegan "steaks" from the skillet and place in the marinade. Allow to sit for several minutes to absorb marinade. Wipe the skillet dry with a paper towel.
- Melt coconut oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegan "steaks" and fry until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
You might also like
Per Serving: 185 calories; 3.3 18.5 19 0 1207 Full nutrition