Grain-Free Cranberry Sticky Buns
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 434
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat almond milk and 3 tablespoons butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Pour into a large bowl and allow to cool until just slightly warm to the touch, about 5 minutes more. sprinkle yeast on top; allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add in honey, salt, and flour to the bowl with the almond milk mixture; mix until fully combined. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and set dough in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- While dough is rising, combine 1/2 cup coconut sugar, cranberries, 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon in a bowl; set filling aside.
- Generously butter a round glass baking dish. Combine 1/2 cup coconut sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, and pecans in a bowl and pour glaze into the buttered baking dish.
- Roll dough out into a rectangular shape between 2 sheets of waxed paper or parchment paper. Gently peel back the top sheet and spread filling onto dough. Start at one end, using the paper to help, roll dough into a tight log. Place log seam-side down on a cutting board and use a sharp serrated knife to cut into 1 1/2-inch slices. Place buns on top of glaze in the baking dish.
- Cover and allow buns to rise for a second time, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake buns in the preheated oven until golden brown and done in the center, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with glaze. Return to oven and bake until golden brown and centers are done, about 10 more minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to use fresh or frozen cranberries.
- You can use coconut milk in place of almond milk, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 434 calories; 22.9 59.4 5.3 46 207 Full nutrition